Kick off fall season with a warm and comforting, yet guilt-free vegan porridge. Get the recipe below and have a go.
|1 1/2 cup||Coconut Cream|
|1 1/2 cup||Water|
|1 1/2 cup||Rolled Oats|
|1/2 cup||Apple, shredded|
|1/4 tsp||Ground Nutmeg|
|1/2 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|2 cups||Strawberries, hulled and sliced|
|2 tbsp||Pumpkin Seeds|
|2 tbsp||Sunflower Kernels|
|1 tbsp||Sesame Seeds|
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring the coconut cream and water to a boil.
- Slowly add the rolled oats to boiling water while stirring, then fold through the shredded apple and add the nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Reduce the heat to low, cook, stirring frequently for approximately 15 minutes or until oats are cooked and porridge is thick and creamy. Add more liquid as you cook if required.
- Spoon between serving bowls and top with sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of mixed seeds.
- For extra sweetness, drizzle over a little maple syrup if you wish.