A guilt-free yet nutritious something to keep you warm and satiated during winter.
|1 1/2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 medium||Onion, peeled and diced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|3 large||Carrots, peeled and sliced|
|1 small||Sweet potato, peeled and sliced|
|16 oz||Canned cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained|
|4 cup||Vegetable stock, low sodium|
|2||Lemon juice — or less to taste|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|2 tbsp||Pumpkin seeds|
|2 tbsp||Sunflower kernels|
|6 tbsp||Coconut yogurt|
|Fresh cilantro leaves, to garnish|
|Crusty bread, sliced|
Instructions for Fabulous Chick-Pea and Carrot Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot for over medium. Stir in the onions and garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the carrots, sweet potato, chick-peas, and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the carrots and sweet potato are tender.
- Remove from heat and puree using either a stick blender or transfer to a blender/ food processor in batches if necessary.
- Return to the heat (in the cooking pot) then stir in the lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat just to the boiling point and serve immediately.
- Serve with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and sunflower kernels, a dollop or two of coconut yogurt and slices of your preferred style of crusty bread. Garnish with cilantro leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.